Modified Car Insurance from Keith Michaels
For the best modified car insurance, look no further than Keith Michaels. We’ve been providing cheap modified car insurance for 30 years. We have specific insurance schemes in place to cover all types of modifications to all sorts of modified cars.
With definitive cover from a Keith Michaels modified car insurance policy, you can rest easy knowing that everything is protected – at the right price. We have the insurers happy to cover you. Speak to us today for your modified car insurance quote.
What Counts as a Modified Car?
If your car has been changed at all compared to the manufacturer’s standard, it’s classed as a modified car. This isn’t limited to performance modifications. Any new additions, like a roof rack or tow bar, may be considered a modification, even if it’s a manufacturer branded accessory.
The following are the most common types of car modifications:
- Car bodywork modifications, such as spoilers or body kits
- Engine or mechanical modifications that impact car performance or reliability, e.g. cold-air intakes, exhaust systems or ECU modifications
- Modifications that change how your car handles, such as uprated brakes or lowering springs
- Visual modifications, e.g. resprays, vinyl wraps, new alloys or tinted windows
- Car accessories, such as roof racks, tow bars or immobilisers
- New or upgraded sound and entertainment systems
For a full list of modifications and how they affect the cost of your car insurance, read our Car Modifications Insurance Guide.
What’s Covered by Modified Car Insurance
Modified car insurance offers the same cover as standard policies, but includes additional cover for any modifications you’ve made to the car. Modified car insurance includes everything you’d expect from a typical policy, including options for courtesy car entitlement, breakdown cover and windscreen cover.
Some car modifications are illegal and can’t be covered by modified car insurance. Read our Guide To UK Legal Car Modifications for a full list of what will and won’t be covered.
Covering the True Value of Your Modified Car
We understand that car modification often takes a significant investment in time and money. We can protect the real value of your car with agreed-value policies.
or call us on 0208 329 1150
The Keith Michaels Difference
- 30 years’ experience
- Every customer is treated as an individual, not a policy number
- We are a UK-based office, not a call centre
- We are completely independent from any insurance company
- All policies are looked at on their own merits to find you the best policy available
Why Choose Keith Michaels for Modified Car Insurance?
We have specific insurance schemes designed exclusively for Modified Car owners
- Limited mileage
- Enhanced vehicle security
- 2nd or 3rd cars
- Owners clubs
- Secure parking access
- Priority claims management
- Like for like replacement parts following a claim
- Staff have over 30 years’ modified experience
As an expat with a home in the UK it was great to find a broker who had insurance companies on the books who were willing to recognise No Claims gained in the EU
A human voice answered the phone straight away and gave me a competitive quote quickly and efficiently, which I accepted. Confirmation processed quickly too. Efficient use of their time and mine.I am a new customer so time will tell whether I remain satisfied!
Excellent service, after returning to UK after a long period away, they took care of my insurance needs in a very professional and efficient manner as well as being very competitively priced.
Honest guys. Very straight forward.
Can never fault these guys. Renewed for the 3rd year running as they've great price and amazing customer service!
Spoke to a helpful Chap called Matt Moody (great name by the way), who was anything but what his name suggests. He was patient with me and found me a really competitive quote. Would recommend!
Effortless process and wonderful service. Their tailored expat products take all the heat out of something that other insurance companies seem to want to over complicate. Cannot recommend highly enough.
I've been insuring with Keith Michaels for quite a few years now & have been very satisfied with the service. They have been very helpful & give a very personal service. Even after shopping around each time, (as we are all told to do!) Keith Michaels prices are still very competitive & hard to beat.
Get in Touch for your Modified Car Insurance Quote Today
or call us on 0208 329 1150
Modified Car & Insurance FAQs
Do you offer modified car insurance for Japanese cars?
We are very well known within the Japanese import car community and as such insure hundreds of modified Japanese cars. Just about every Subaru Impreza, Lancer Evo, Nissan Skyline, Toyota Celica, etc. has some sort of modification. We are extremely comfortable with this and as long as your profile fits our modified car insurance scheme then we would love to quote you.
Why is modified car insurance more expensive?
The cost of your insurance policy is calculated based on the risk of a claim and the potential size of a payout. Modifying your car can affect this in a number of ways:
- The power and performance of a car can increase the risk of an accident
- Modifications can impact the reliability of a car and aftermarket modifications have little or no guarantee against failure
- Increased car value
- Car modification can change its insurance group
- Modified cars are often seen as more attractive to thieves
Although insuring a modified car is typically more expensive than its stock counterpart, a lot of extra cost can be avoided with a specialist modified car insurance policy. As specialists in this field, we’ll make sure you’re not paying any more than you need to.
Do you offer modified car insurance discounts?
Almost all modified cars are owned as second cars, used on a limited mileage basis, are show cars or cherished cars. We have modified schemes that cover all these and therefore discounts can often be increased in these circumstances. If you are a member of a Car Club or an Owners Club then you will more than likely to be entitled to a discount. We also cover modified hot hatch, sports car and high performance cars too.
How can I reduce the cost of modified car insurance?
Even modified car owners can make extra savings on their insurance premiums. You’ll receive discounts on your policy for:
- Low or limited mileage
- Keeping your car safe on a driveway or garage overnight
- If your vehicle is a 2nd or 3rd car
- Owners club membership
- Paying for your policy annually instead of monthly