Our Expat Policies
As a broker specialising in expat car insurance, we’ll help you arrange the best cover for the best value.
We have 10 years’ experience arranging car insurance for expats, explore our policies below.
We have been providing UK vehicle insurance to international customers for over a decade
We can provide cover for up to 180 days of European travel if you have a permanent address in Europe
We’re the experts when it comes to providing insurance for expatriates returning to the UK,
Our Insurance for Expats
As an expat, it may be difficult to find a car insurance policy that covers all your needs. We provide tailored car insurance policies for expats and have done so for over ten years.
Unlike many UK insurers, we accept foreign no claims bonus and international driving experience. This allows us to tailor your policy to you as a driver. As a result, we’ll be able to keep the price of your car insurance down.
When You’ll Need Expat Insurance
You will need expat insurance if…
- You’re living abroad but wish to keep a car in the UK. Leaving your car uninsured or declared ‘off the road’ leaves it susceptible to damage or theft.
- You wish to take a UK car to Europe and drive it abroad.
- You’re a UK expat returning to the UK after living abroad and want to find an insurer that accepts foreign no claims bonus.
If you need expat car insurance, we can arrange complete car insurance at cheap rates.
By insuring through us, you’ll join our thousands of happy customers currently living all around the world. Some common locations of our expat customers include: Dubai, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, America and Europe.
Specialist Expat Cover
We insure UK expats all around the world. So, no matter which country you’ll be living in, we will be able to offer you an extremely competitive quote on your car insurance. If you have any questions about expat car insurance, visit our expat FAQs page or give us a call.
94% of our clients rate us as excellent and ★★★★★ on Trust Pilot
or call us on 0208 329 1150
You can also email one of our expat brokers if you’re overseas: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Keith Michaels Difference
- 10 years’ experience
- Every customer is treated as an individual, not a policy number
- We are a UK-based office, not a call centre
- We are completely independent from any insurance company
- All policies are looked at on their own merits to find you the best policy available
Why Choose Keith Michaels for Expat Car Insurance?
We have specific insurance schemes designed exclusively for expats
- Foreign NCB accepted, but must be in English
- Previous driving discounts
- Policies available to non-resident clients
- Priority claims management
- Policies are available to returning expats
- Staff have over 10 years’ expat car experience
94% of our clients rate us as excellent on Trustpilot
“Extremely happy customer”
★★★★★Justin Wells – AmWorld UK Limited
“for over 20 years the service has been exceptional.”
★★★★★Magdi El Masry
“Hands down the best insurance broker”
“Fantastic company with great customer services”
Speak to our Expat Car Insurance Experts
An insurance broker specialising in expat car insurance will help you arrange the best car insurance cover, for the best value.
Each of our brokers have years of experience in finding the best car insurance for expats, just like you.
or call: 0208 329 1150
Brexit & Taking a Car Abroad
After Brexit, drivers from the UK will need extra documentation to drive in the EU and EEA. If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, UK drivers may need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive in the EU and EEA. Additionally, If there is a no-deal Brexit, insurers will be required to issue their customers with a Green Card to travel in Europe.
However, if you’re a UK expat living abroad in another country, the Government recommend that you exchange your UK driving licence for a local EU driving licence. You can find out more information driving in Europe after Brexit here.