Expat Car Insurance

Our specialist brokers have over 30 years' experience arranging car insurance for UK expats. Whether you're living abroad with a car in the UK, returning to the UK from abroad or taking a UK car to Europe, we can help.
Expat Car Insurance Header Image

Our team are here to help

92% of our customers get a cheaper quote over the phone

92% of our customers get a cheaper quote over the phone


Our Expat Policies

As a broker specialising in expat car insurance, we’ll help you arrange the best cover for the best value.
We have 10 years’ experience arranging car insurance for expats, explore our policies below.

Living abroad

Living Abroad with a car in the UK

We have been providing UK vehicle insurance to international customers for over a decade

Driving in Europe

Taking a UK Car to Europe

We can provide cover for up to 180 days of European travel if you have a permanent address in Europe

Returning to UK

British Expats Returning to the UK

We’re the experts when it comes to providing insurance for expatriates returning to the UK,

Driving aboard

Foreign NCB Insurance

We can help returning expats arrange full cover, transferring international NCB into UK NCB.

Information for expats

Useful Information For Expats

We have provided some useful information when moving abroad from the UK.

Expat Car Insurance

How Car Insurance works in the UK

We have provided some information about what you need to know regarding car insurance in the UK.

Our Insurance for Expats

As an expat, it may be difficult to find a car insurance policy that covers all your needs. We provide tailored car insurance policies for expats and have done so for over ten years.

Unlike many UK insurers, we accept foreign no claims bonus and international driving experience. This allows us to tailor your policy to you as a driver. As a result, we’ll be able to keep the price of your car insurance down.

When You’ll Need Expat Insurance

Expat Car Insurance

You will need expat insurance if…

If you need expat car insurance, we can arrange complete car insurance at cheap rates.

By insuring through us, you’ll join our thousands of happy customers currently living all around the world. Some common locations of our expat customers include: Dubai, Hong Kong, Australia, New Zealand, America, Europe, Canada, UAE, Saudi, Qatar, Thailand, all Caribbean Islands, South Africa, Russia, West Indies, China, Japan, South Korea and Malaysia.

Specialist Expat Cover

We insure UK expats all around the world. So, no matter which country you’ll be living in, we will be able to offer you an extremely competitive quote on your car insurance. If you have any questions about expat car insurance, visit our expat FAQs page or give us a call.

or call us on 0208 329 1150

You can also email one of our expat brokers if you’re overseas: [email protected]

The Keith Michaels Difference

  • 30 years’ experience
  • Every customer is treated as an individual, not a policy number
  • We are a UK-based office, not a call centre
  • We are completely independent from any insurance company
  • All policies are looked at on their own merits to find you the best policy available

Why Choose Keith Michaels for Expat Car Insurance?

Expat Car Insurance

Dedicated Policy Handlers

Jason Robery
0208 329 1168

Gary Hamilton
0208 329 1165

Expat Car Insurance

Specialist Schemes

We have specific insurance schemes designed exclusively for expats

Expat Car Insurance


  • Foreign NCB accepted, but must be in English
  • Previous driving discounts
  • Policies available to non-resident clients
Expat Car Insurance


  • Priority claims management
  • Policies are available to returning expats
  • Staff have over 10 years’ expat car experience
Expat Car Insurance

Speak to our Expat Car Insurance Experts

An insurance broker specialising in expat car insurance will help you arrange the best car insurance cover, for the best value.
Each of our brokers have years of experience in finding the best car insurance for expats, just like you.

Useful Information For Expats

We know expat life can be difficult, and the first time is extremely daunting. To help the process, we’ve put together some useful information that will help you if you’ll soon be living abroad.

Australia China Hong Kong Malaysia New Zealand Singapore Thailand

Brexit & Taking a Car Abroad

After Brexit, drivers from the UK will need extra documentation to drive in the EU and EEA. If the UK leaves the EU without a deal, UK drivers may need an international driving permit (IDP) to drive in the EU and EEA. Additionally, If there is a no-deal Brexit, insurers will be required to issue their customers with a Green Card to travel in Europe.

However, if you’re a UK expat living abroad in another country, the Government recommend that you exchange your UK driving licence for a local EU driving licence. You can find out more information driving in Europe after Brexit here.