Lloyd’s provides a complaint resolution service, free of charge, where disputes are reviewed on the balance of probabilities, having regard to the evidence submitted by both parties. Lloyd’s aims to conclude the majority of complaints received within 8 weeks in accordance with the Financial Conduct Authority Handbook. Within this 8 week timeframe Lloyd’s operates a ‘two stage’ complaints process as follows:
- The complaint will be considered by the underwriters of the policy who will issue a response, ideally, within 14 days.
- If you remain dissatisfied following the underwriters’ response, or if you have not received a response within 14 days you are entitled to request that the complaint be escalated to stage 2.
- Lloyd’s obtains the documentation from the underwriters and undertakes a full review of the complaint.
- When the review is complete a Final Response will be issued detailing the outcome of these investigations.
- If you remain dissatisfied at this point you may refer the matter to the Financial Ombudsman Service (if eligible) provided you do so within 6 months of the date of the Final Response. The Financial Ombudsman Service can only consider your complaint following our consideration of the matter.