Car Enthusiast Insurance from Keith Michaels
To be an enthusiast is to be a person who is very interested in a particular activity or subject. Here at Keith Michaels, we are enthusiastic on a number of fronts – none more so than getting you the most appropriate cover for your pride and joy. We have experts in numerous fields and our collective knowledge is at hand to assist you.
We understand that being a car enthusiast is more than just an interest – it’s a way of life – it becomes behavioural and impacts one’s senses. Whether it be the smell of leaded fuel and additives at a classic event with or the visceral sound of an old V8, it’s a feeling that’s hard to describe.
However, we understand that being a car enthusiast isn’t restricted to a love of classics. With track days for all manner of marques and classes, plus events for drifting, hill climbs and car clubs – we’re all spoilt for choice.
This means that when mainstream insurers turn their noses up at your aftermarket modifications or skyrocket your prestige vehicle’s premiums, it can be disheartening, to say the least.
The Keith Michaels Difference
- 30 years’ experience
- Every customer is treated as an individual, not a policy number
- We are a UK-based office, not a call centre
- We are completely independent from any insurance company
- All policies are looked at on their own merits to find you the best policy available
We Reward You for Being a Car Enthusiast
At Keith Michaels, we pride ourselves on getting you the best deal on your car insurance, and unlike mainstream insurers, we welcome enthusiasts with open arms. For instance, if you run a car club, please contact us to discuss a possible specific club discount for your members. We also offer other distinct benefits, including:
- Like-for-like replacement parts
- Agreed Values on request
- Track cover on request
- Repairer of choice (subject to insurer) – the majority of insurers do not allow this
- Salvage retention in the event of a write off
- 2nd car discounts
- Mirrored No Claims Bonus
- Ownership discounts (dependent on how long you’ve owned the car)
- Discounts for how long similar car(s) have been owned – great for new purchasers
Because we are fellow car enthusiasts, we know what you require. This means we are able to provide the most appropriate insurance cover for your needs, to ensure your vehicle is properly looked after. Request a quote today.
Do I Count as a Car Enthusiast?
For you, being an enthusiast could mean that your 2nd or 3rd car is the weekend transport covering only a few miles each year. But this doesn’t mean it’s not equally as rewarding.
There is no entry requirement to become a ‘car enthusiast’. A Skyline R33 owner can have the same passion for cars as a classic car restorer, and working on a Clio can be just as rewarding as detailing the seats on a Bentley.
What links us all is the passion we have for vehicles and (probably) having the unique ability to talk for hours about them and not get tired of it. Above all, as enthusiasts, we appreciate our own vehicles way beyond their original task of just transporting us from A to B.
For further information about insurance for your specific vehicle please go to the manufacturers main page
Examples of Enthusiast-Performance Cars
- Giulia Quadrifoglio
- 4C or 8C
- All Models (excl DBX)
- R8 V10
- select S models
- No Q or RSQ Models
- All Models (excl Bentayga)
BMW / Alpina
- Select (newer) M models with engine >3.0L (1M, M2, M3, M4, M5, M6)
- CS/CSL models
- select Alpina models
- Z8. No X models
- Select 595/695 Abarth models.
- Select Fiesta ST (Mk7/8)
- Focus RS Mk2/Mk3
- Focus ST Mk2/3/4
- Mustang V8’s
- Special editions
- Select (newer) Type-R special editions
- All NSX
- Integra R’s
- I30 N
- F-Types >3.0
- Any SVR model
- ISF, LC, RC, LFA models
- All models
- All models (excl Levante)
- Select AMG models (A/C/CLK/E/S/SL, etc)
- GT/SLS models, excl ML, GL, etc
- All Lancer Evo/Ralliarts
- Select 350/370 models
- All GTR/Skyline
- All models (except Cayenne, Macan, Panamera, Taycan)
- Select Renaultsport models – 182 Cup
- Megane RS
- R-26R, etc
- Select special editions (Cupra, Bocanegra)
- Select Impreza turbo models
- Forester STI
- Selected special edition models (Yaris GR)
- new Supra
- Golf R/R32
- Scirocco R
- Passat R36
- Up GTI
- W8/W12 models
- Select R models
Why Choose Keith Michaels for Enthusiast Car Insurance?
This Scheme Is Perfect For
- Drivers aged 30+ (25-29 on referral)
- If the car you’re looking to insure is not your primary/everyday car
- If you drive up to 5,000 miles pa (10,000 on referral)
- If the car is garaged or kept on a driveway
- Limited Mileage
- Enhanced Vehicle Security
- 2nd or 3rd Cars
- Secure Parking Access
- Priority claims management
- Specialist Team
- Salvage retention available
- Choice of vehicle repairer
- Mirror existing no claims bonus on primary vehicle
- Occasional commuting allowed
Excellent service, after returning to UK after a long period away, they took care of my insurance needs in a very professional and efficient manner as well as being very competitively priced.
Spoke to a helpful Chap called Matt Moody (great name by the way), who was anything but what his name suggests. He was patient with me and found me a really competitive quote. Would recommend!
I've been insuring with Keith Michaels for quite a few years now & have been very satisfied with the service. They have been very helpful & give a very personal service. Even after shopping around each time, (as we are all told to do!) Keith Michaels prices are still very competitive & hard to beat.
Effortless process and wonderful service. Their tailored expat products take all the heat out of something that other insurance companies seem to want to over complicate. Cannot recommend highly enough.
As an expat with a home in the UK it was great to find a broker who had insurance companies on the books who were willing to recognise No Claims gained in the EU
A human voice answered the phone straight away and gave me a competitive quote quickly and efficiently, which I accepted. Confirmation processed quickly too. Efficient use of their time and mine.I am a new customer so time will tell whether I remain satisfied!
Honest guys. Very straight forward.
Can never fault these guys. Renewed for the 3rd year running as they've great price and amazing customer service!