Have you ever had a bad day on the road? Maybe you got in a fender bender or received a speeding ticket. Well count yourself lucky, because on this Friday the 13th, we have compiled a list of the unluckiest drivers on earth. These people have been on the wrong side of busses, had cars take a swim and even been attacked by ice.
5. At number 5 is a British driver who broke down on the motorway, but this was only the beginning of his problems. When the man went to find help, he left his car at the side of the road with the hazard lights on. The man’s passenger waited with the vehicle to explain the situation to any passers-by. When he came back, he saw a traffic warden had given him a £60 parking fine.
4. Number 4 in our countdown of unlucky drivers is a Russian from the city of St Petersburg. This motorist was driving along when they encountered what an insurance company might call an act of god, but we will call an act of ice. As the driver passes under an overhead sign, a large chunk of ice broke off, smashing their windscreen. The unnamed driver appears to be ok but they will be getting a hefty bill from their garage.
3. The 3rd luckless driver in our list was not even in his car when catastrophe hit. Tomos Williams had already had a bad week. He had just learned that he could lose his job. Then, while on a walk with his girlfriend, Williams handbrake failed and his car rolled down a slipway and into Llangollen Canal. Police helped him recover the Toyota Avensis but by that time it had completely filled with water.
2. Compared to number 2 on our list, the last three motorists got off lucky. A Californian man was driving along Malibu Canyon Road when he lost control of his car and almost ran off a cliff. The man made it out of his vehicle, which was quite literally teetering on the edge of a cliff. When the disoriented driver stumbled from the wreck, he was immediately struck by a tour bus. The man survived but he will need plenty of time to recover.
1. Our final unlucky driver has had so many bad days on the road, he jokes that he is allergic to cars. John Child has been described by many as Britain’s must unlucky motorist. To date he has been in 5 car crashes, three hit and runs, been struck by a bus while cycling, mowed down in a zebra crossing and generally been terrorised by anything with four wheels. Before you jump to the conclusion that the 45 year-old engineer is a terrible driver, it is important to remember two things. He had a 28 year safe driving record before his luck changed and the courts have cleared him of all fault in 9 out of 10 accidents. So far Child has paid more than £4,500 for car repairs and suffered whiplash, severe bruising all over his body and a torn shoulder ligament.
If you have had some bad luck with your car lately and you are looking for insurance contact Keith Michaels today and we can help you get back on the road.